So what school doesn't send at least a class or 2 to the Zoo? This year, Meriden and I went to the Zoo with Mackenzie and all the 1st graders. It was a bunch of fun. We got to watch them feed the penguins, feed a baby camel, play at the playground, and see a whole lot of animals. Including 2 Red Pandas. Flamingos, Emus, Kangaroos with joeys, Lions, a Tiger, Camels, Dingoes, Monkeys, an Alligator, and of course there was a petting zoo that no one in my group got to go into. ;-)
After we got done in the zoo, we went across the street to have lunch at the park. We ate sack lunches (always a treat) and played on the playground equipment. At one point I couldn't find Mackenzie on any of the equipment and started to get a little bit worried. Then I found her helping put together a 3-D alligator puzzle. Nerd. But I love her.
After the zoo, Kenzie and the rest of the 1st grade got to go to the sand dunes and play. Meriden and I went to the doctor where she weighed in at (drumroll, please) 28 lbs which is the 16th %-ile. Wahoo! She's on the charts! Height: not so much. 34" not even close to the charts. Oh well. She looks great, sounds good, and best of all, no immunizations. And a Barbie sticker. It was a good day.
After we got done in the zoo, we went across the street to have lunch at the park. We ate sack lunches (always a treat) and played on the playground equipment. At one point I couldn't find Mackenzie on any of the equipment and started to get a little bit worried. Then I found her helping put together a 3-D alligator puzzle. Nerd. But I love her.
After the zoo, Kenzie and the rest of the 1st grade got to go to the sand dunes and play. Meriden and I went to the doctor where she weighed in at (drumroll, please) 28 lbs which is the 16th %-ile. Wahoo! She's on the charts! Height: not so much. 34" not even close to the charts. Oh well. She looks great, sounds good, and best of all, no immunizations. And a Barbie sticker. It was a good day.



Comments