With school after Memorial Day, we had a lot going on. I was at the school for PTO way too much. On Tuesday, we had an Accelerated Reading party for all the kids in the school who achieved their AR goal all 4 quarters of school. Both the M's got to go. I didn't get a chance to take any photos because I was busy making snow cones, but there was live entertainment and everything. Wednesday night I was at the school until 3 am getting the sweatshirts and yearbooks ready for Thursday. (All the students that get 200 or more AR points get a sweatshirt. So we were getting sizes divvied out and ready to give to the kids at the Awards Assembly on Thursday.) Of the 545 kids in our school, 75 of them got at least 200 AR points. Not bad. Of 
course, the M's were 2 of them.) They both also got awards for attendance. Madison had perfect
attendance, and Mackenzie had faithful attendance (she was tardy a few times ;-)). They are such good kids most of the time that I can't tell you how proud I am. I love them to death. And Meriden is such a trooper and gets dragged around to all these things. She is awesome too.

Friday was the last day of school which, of course, means FIELD DAY!!! It was a beautiful day, no wind (though today it would have been nice to have a slight breeze). We had a dunk tank, a 5k run for the 4-6th graders, ring toss for pop, a fishing pool, a raingutter regatta, parachute, giant twister, potato sack races, face painting, seed spitting contest (nice, huh?), and a friendly game of 3-on-3. It was crazy and fun and most of the kids liked it. You can't please everyone. Especially when there are 500 elementary schoolers involved. Oh, and Jamba Juice came to sell jambas. I forgot to take any money so I told Meriden that we'd get a "real" Jamba and I haven't heard the end of that one yet. At least I have the excuse that today is the sabbath and we can't go to the store! ;-)
attendance, and Mackenzie had faithful attendance (she was tardy a few times ;-)). They are such good kids most of the time that I can't tell you how proud I am. I love them to death. And Meriden is such a trooper and gets dragged around to all these things. She is awesome too.
Friday was the last day of school which, of course, means FIELD DAY!!! It was a beautiful day, no wind (though today it would have been nice to have a slight breeze). We had a dunk tank, a 5k run for the 4-6th graders, ring toss for pop, a fishing pool, a raingutter regatta, parachute, giant twister, potato sack races, face painting, seed spitting contest (nice, huh?), and a friendly game of 3-on-3. It was crazy and fun and most of the kids liked it. You can't please everyone. Especially when there are 500 elementary schoolers involved. Oh, and Jamba Juice came to sell jambas. I forgot to take any money so I told Meriden that we'd get a "real" Jamba and I haven't heard the end of that one yet. At least I have the excuse that today is the sabbath and we can't go to the store! ;-)



Comments