Skip to main content

12/29/08

Monday we went to the beach for a couple of hours. The girls absolutely loved it. K had been sick for a while and wasn't getting much better. Quite frankly, I was also kind of tired of wiping the green goo coming out of her nose in the way back of the Expedition. Since I was in the middle seat, I got the honors. So while Grammy and J took K to the doctor, Triple M and I went back to the condo and showered for the day. We had lunch at the condo and headed for Honolulu to try and go to Pearl Harbor. We got there, but the tickets for the day were all sold out. So we took a couple of pictures from across the bay just in case we didn't make it back, though we all knew we would.

So instead of going to Pearl Harbor, we went to the International Marketplace and stopped at The Pearl Factory. The Pearl Factory. Need I say more? All the M's and K got to pick an oyster, do the hoopla ding the bell and say "Aloha" and finally see their pearl. M1 got a black one (only 1 in 700 are black) for wisdom. M2 got a smallish pink one and M3 got a rather large white one. They all chose their setting (do you hear the cash register caching-ing?). Of course I chose one and when you buy a setting, you get a "free" second oyster. The trick is they drill the hole in the pearl before you get a chance to say, "I think I'll just save that for when they're old enough to appreciate it" and you HAVE to set it so it stays something. Needless to say, we all got a new pendant (no chains to wear them on), I got a ring since I've wanted one since my friend Tennille had one, and I think 5 "loose" pearls that I was sure to interrupt and say, "I think I'll just save those for when they're old enough to appreciate them." So now they're all locked up in the gun safe. Don't come break into my house and try to steal them since you all know where they are. ;-)

After way too long at The Pearl Factory stand, we left and drove back to wherever it was we stayed. ;-) On the way we had to stop at Walgreen's in Kaneohe to get K's prescription. Turns out she had a sinus infection and an ear infection. That took way longer than it should have so we stopped at Panda Express to have dinner. My fortune cookie fortune was AWESOME! It said: "Work on improving your exercise routine." You have no idea just how right you are Panda Express Fortune Cookie Saying Writer. Back to the condo in Kahuku.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It looks like you guys had a great time! My girls like looking at the pics too! Heather
Janan said…
Hey . . . you better get a move on . . you have LOTS TO CATCH up on!! We need to finish up Hawaii, do M1 Birthday blog, M1's baptism blog, and not to mention all the OTHER stuff that has happened in life between Hawaii and that!!

Get busy lady! I hope things are going as well as can be expected!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Father's Day

So I'm a day late (and probably a dollar short, I'm not sure I haven't looked at our checking account lately) but I was busy over the weekend.  The girls came home (2 days early) and I was in Utah running the Wasatch Back.  And I pretty much missed Father's Day. I got home at 7:30 last night and Colby had made the girls dinner, cleaned up, and started the dishwasher.  They were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition.  Had it been Mother's Day, he never would have lived it down, but he hasn't said a word (maybe that's not a good thing).  He's a great dad.  As I get teary just sitting down writing this, knowing he will never see/read it, he's amazing.  He's a hard worker and does it all for the girls and me.  He doesn't (usually) complain about anything and does what needs to be done.  He loves the kids and probably missed them as much as I did while they were gone.  I don't give him enough credit for having emotions about anything, but ...

In A One Horse Open Sled

Today we unloaded a couple tons of hay and Colby saddled up Lightening and pulled the girls around our 3.5 acres.  They had a ball and especially enjoyed singing "Jingle Bells...in a one horse open sled."  They make me laugh sometimes.  Ok, fine, a lot of times.

Holy Sm

I started typing in my title and when I finally looked up and saw (at that very point) that I've already used this one. So to reiterate, Holy Smokes! I can't believe how much I have to catch up on! Maybe tomorrow when I don't have visiting teachers coming, cleaning for my mother-in-law to make an appearance, Madie's piano lesson, 6 violin lessons, rehearsal and somehow I found time to pinch poor Meriden's finger in the front door, I'll download some photos from 1. Christmas (What?!? I still haven't done that?) 2. New Years Eve/Day 3. Madison and Mackenzie's first gymnastics meet videos and photos all before we go to another meet this weekend in Salt Lake, making sure I look like a good mom since my mother-in-law is in town (aka having food on the table at a decent hour), teach a few gymnastics classes, getting ready for Madison's big 9th birthday, taking treats into her class and actually getting packed and to Salt Lake all by Friday at 3 pm. ...