Skip to main content

Christmas (Finally)

A picture of our beautiful tree ;-).
On Christmas morning, the girls woke up at about 7:15 which is their normal wake-up-for-school time. We got presents distributed and The Father said that I overdid it again. I think he says that every year, and I do agree, but c'mon! It's Christmas! And they needed things to do on the airplane. Besides, who cares if it's just underwear? Who doesn't like to open presents?








I was so excited for the girls to get their presents I could hardly stand it. M1 ended up with a Nintendo DS and more games than any kid needs. Every year Santa brings them a doll and this year, He brought matching dolls. Their hair is thick and wonderful and they have clothes you can change. I love trying to figure out whose are whose and who left them out. Clothes are never a hit, but a necessity. Especially for a kid who puts holes in the knees of every pair of jeans she has.


M2 got and i-dog and an MP3 player and a mom that took more than a month to figure out how to put music on it (I did it yesterday...oops). She was also excited about the amount of Littlest Pet Shops she got. Some of them are darn cute--others, not so much. She will play with them for hours. Between those and all her Polly Pockets she never needs to be entertained. She really needs to work on her sharing skills, though. (Yes, she's 6, and no, she still hasn't figured it out yet. What does that say about my parenting skills?)

M3 got a Leapster with a Princess game and a Dora game. She is loving Dora right now and I really can't figure out why. To hear her sing "1-2-3-cho, 1-2-3 co, 1-2-3 la, 1-2-3 te" is hilarious. Especially with the Spanish accent. Her new Dora PackPack for the plane was a hit too. Surpised?


We packed up the car and about 10am started for Salt Lake, the first leg of our journey to see Grammy and Granddad in Hawaii. The weather was absolutely horrible. It was snowy and scary, especially over Malad Pass. The Father followed us down in the "big truck" to make sure we made it over the pass. It was 1 lane a lot of the way, and you could hardly see the vehicle in front of you. Talk about white knuckle! But we were prepared--gloves, boots, water and trail mix for all of us, just in case. Luckily we didn't need any of it. And many thanks to The Father for following us and wasting his day when he could've been on his way to the Ranch for his own fun. It ended up being unnecessary, but we were all better safe than sorry. We love you and wish you would've been coming with us!

We were supposed to leave from SLC to Phoenix at 6:15 pm and we got there about 3pm. We paid the extra however-many dollars and got on a 4:30 flight and arrived in Phoenix the same time we were supposed to be leaving Salt Lake. It was nice. Because of our numbers (4) we had to sit apart from each other. Since M1 is such a big girl, she chose to sit across the aisle and clear in the window seat. She loved being able to see out the plane. And the greatest part about the flight is that it was only an hour and a half--cake. Aunt J and cousin K (J and K respectively from here on out) picked us up from the airport and we went back to her house to pick up her husband, P. Then we went to Uncle C's house for more present opening.

When we got there, he made us dinner (we were a little hungry from the trip) of Ritz Pizzas (yum), the famed Macaroni Salad (double yum), left over ham from the day before (I think), and brownies (triple yum). After stuffing our faces and sharing drinks (we didn't put our names on cups and shared more than I care to think about), it was time to open more presents. K and the girls exchanged their presents and Uncle C (who looks so thrilled to be in this picture) gave Triple M Guitar Hero World Tour. I'm sure it will be a blast when we get it out. ;-)

Then we went back to J's house to try and get some shut eye before we had to be at the airport by 6:00 am. (Good luck on that one with 6 girls to get ready. And we had to look cute because it would be the first time since October [I know, that was a long time ago] that Grammy and Granddad would get to see the girls.)

J and I, trying to get all J's last minute stuff, getting my weight distribution figured out, and for some reason, though right now I can't recall why, we tried to go to Wal-Mart. It was closed. Can you believe it? And the bank, but there was no money in the ATM. We were annoyed. Maybe it was because it was 2:30am and we had to be up at 5:30am to get to the airport and we'd be running on way too little sleep to be on a 6 hour flight with 4 girls age 7 (almost 8) and under. Maybe.

Comments

Janan said…
Okay . . .WALMART was for you . . . COVER for M1 playstation thing, swimsuit (maybe for you), and MONEY for you from the ATM. Oh! And, for G&G on my part!! I was going to spy on cameras at walmart with you! Booster seat for M2 since we left that in Utah . . . borrow grammy's. I had to get a watch from G&Gs for G-dad! I will remind you! Ha! ha!! I decided I wanted copies of your cute Hawaiian books . . . and I needed to finish packing K bug! There I reminded you!!
TripleM said…
Thanks. Hopefully everyone else reads this comment which adds so much to the content of the entry ;-).

Popular posts from this blog

Father's Day

So I'm a day late (and probably a dollar short, I'm not sure I haven't looked at our checking account lately) but I was busy over the weekend.  The girls came home (2 days early) and I was in Utah running the Wasatch Back.  And I pretty much missed Father's Day. I got home at 7:30 last night and Colby had made the girls dinner, cleaned up, and started the dishwasher.  They were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition.  Had it been Mother's Day, he never would have lived it down, but he hasn't said a word (maybe that's not a good thing).  He's a great dad.  As I get teary just sitting down writing this, knowing he will never see/read it, he's amazing.  He's a hard worker and does it all for the girls and me.  He doesn't (usually) complain about anything and does what needs to be done.  He loves the kids and probably missed them as much as I did while they were gone.  I don't give him enough credit for having emotions about anything, but ...

In A One Horse Open Sled

Today we unloaded a couple tons of hay and Colby saddled up Lightening and pulled the girls around our 3.5 acres.  They had a ball and especially enjoyed singing "Jingle Bells...in a one horse open sled."  They make me laugh sometimes.  Ok, fine, a lot of times.

Holy Sm

I started typing in my title and when I finally looked up and saw (at that very point) that I've already used this one. So to reiterate, Holy Smokes! I can't believe how much I have to catch up on! Maybe tomorrow when I don't have visiting teachers coming, cleaning for my mother-in-law to make an appearance, Madie's piano lesson, 6 violin lessons, rehearsal and somehow I found time to pinch poor Meriden's finger in the front door, I'll download some photos from 1. Christmas (What?!? I still haven't done that?) 2. New Years Eve/Day 3. Madison and Mackenzie's first gymnastics meet videos and photos all before we go to another meet this weekend in Salt Lake, making sure I look like a good mom since my mother-in-law is in town (aka having food on the table at a decent hour), teach a few gymnastics classes, getting ready for Madison's big 9th birthday, taking treats into her class and actually getting packed and to Salt Lake all by Friday at 3 pm. ...