Skip to main content

12/28/08

Sunday morning we got up and went to church. We went to the ward where my in-laws are assigned. Of course it is a single's ward at BYU-H and ours were the only children in sacrament meeting. No pressure for quiet. M3 had to go out once, but for the most part they did pretty well. Then we snuck them into Primary of another ward that was meeting in the same building. Because it was Sunday, the day was mostly uneventful.

When we were in Relief Society, we, as visitors got to introduce ourselves. There was another lady and her daughter that were visiting from Michigan. After the meeting, J asked where they were from since she served her mission there. I had absolutely no interest in meeting these people, but went with J for fun. Come to find out, they are from Midland, Michigan. And they live in the same neighborhood I lived in when I was really young (the first time I lived there) and they knew all of the people that I remember growing up with. They know which house I lived in and everything. It was pretty crazy.

M1, Aunt J, Cousin K and Granddad went to Turtle Bay to see the water but weren't allowed to get in. They dipped their toes and it didn't turn out like the last "dip your toes" but it did start to rain and they got wet anyway.

To see photos, go here: http://kaiyaskonnection.blogspot.com/2009/01/sunday-in-hawaii-church-no-swimming-12.html

And really, that's all that happened on Sunday.

Comments

Janan said…
Should I remove my post and say, "You snooze you lose??" Just kidding!! And, I have to say . . . the wetness of the kids on return, wasn't from the RAIN, yes the OCEAN did it . . .but only our feet got in!!

Popular posts from this blog

Father's Day

So I'm a day late (and probably a dollar short, I'm not sure I haven't looked at our checking account lately) but I was busy over the weekend.  The girls came home (2 days early) and I was in Utah running the Wasatch Back.  And I pretty much missed Father's Day. I got home at 7:30 last night and Colby had made the girls dinner, cleaned up, and started the dishwasher.  They were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition.  Had it been Mother's Day, he never would have lived it down, but he hasn't said a word (maybe that's not a good thing).  He's a great dad.  As I get teary just sitting down writing this, knowing he will never see/read it, he's amazing.  He's a hard worker and does it all for the girls and me.  He doesn't (usually) complain about anything and does what needs to be done.  He loves the kids and probably missed them as much as I did while they were gone.  I don't give him enough credit for having emotions about anything, but ...

In A One Horse Open Sled

Today we unloaded a couple tons of hay and Colby saddled up Lightening and pulled the girls around our 3.5 acres.  They had a ball and especially enjoyed singing "Jingle Bells...in a one horse open sled."  They make me laugh sometimes.  Ok, fine, a lot of times.

Holy Sm

I started typing in my title and when I finally looked up and saw (at that very point) that I've already used this one. So to reiterate, Holy Smokes! I can't believe how much I have to catch up on! Maybe tomorrow when I don't have visiting teachers coming, cleaning for my mother-in-law to make an appearance, Madie's piano lesson, 6 violin lessons, rehearsal and somehow I found time to pinch poor Meriden's finger in the front door, I'll download some photos from 1. Christmas (What?!? I still haven't done that?) 2. New Years Eve/Day 3. Madison and Mackenzie's first gymnastics meet videos and photos all before we go to another meet this weekend in Salt Lake, making sure I look like a good mom since my mother-in-law is in town (aka having food on the table at a decent hour), teach a few gymnastics classes, getting ready for Madison's big 9th birthday, taking treats into her class and actually getting packed and to Salt Lake all by Friday at 3 pm. ...