Skip to main content

Ballet Recital

Mackenzie had her ballet recital on Saturday night.  She knew the dance the best of anyone in her class.  Lots of them even watched her the whole time!  She was so excited for the dress rehearsal and show that she got up early (before I had to go to work) so I could do her makeup and hair.  Then stayed in it all day long.

This was her ballet teacher's last hoorah before taking a few years off--she has a very young family that needs more of her time.  We'll sure miss her next year.

Madison took her friend, Ella with her.  Ella lives across the street and "Madis-Ella" as the principal calls them do lots of stuff together.  They love to hang out with each other and hardly ever have spats.

Kenzie did great and was so excited that Grammy and Granddad got to come and see her.  And Colby even got to stay the whole time without any calls or anything.  We love it when that happens.

Comments

Janan said…
Seriously, could Colby have any bigger CHEESE of a SMILE??

Popular posts from this blog

Rockin' To The 50's

We had a lip sync/talent show ward activity last weekend. The Primary presidency, which I have the joy to be a part of, was assigned a lip sync. We all donned our cardboard costumes for "Kiss The Girl" from The Little Mermaid and made complete fools of ourselves. At least we can laugh at ourselves. M1 played a short piece on the piano and M2 played the violin. Both were scared out of their skirts, and asked me to play with them. They both did amazingly and neither one really needed me to be there. But it sure felt good that they knew I'd be right there if they wanted/needed support. I hope that doesn't ever change.

Happy Birthday M2!

I wish I could change the date on my post because then no one would know that I'm posting her Happy Birthday Post 2 days after the blessed event. Mostly because I've been ridiculously busy. No excuse, I know. So Thursday, September 18, 2008 M2 turned 6. She is so many things. Too smart for her own good, loves to sing, loves to do gymnastics. Helper extraordinaire. Queen of the Messy Room. Dress up/tea party lover; she does the English accent like she actually is English. Routine thriver. Picky eater (but she still eats it even if she doesn't like it). Home body. Reader. I mean crazy reader. Imaginative. Great friend. Sensitive. Emotional. Grateful. And absolutely adorable. The day started out with choruses of the blessed Birthday Song. Then we started getting ready for school pictures and Grammy called with a really strange space version of Happy Birthday with her name in it. We finished getting ready for picture day/school and off she went. She got a Lu...

Father's Day

So I'm a day late (and probably a dollar short, I'm not sure I haven't looked at our checking account lately) but I was busy over the weekend.  The girls came home (2 days early) and I was in Utah running the Wasatch Back.  And I pretty much missed Father's Day. I got home at 7:30 last night and Colby had made the girls dinner, cleaned up, and started the dishwasher.  They were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition.  Had it been Mother's Day, he never would have lived it down, but he hasn't said a word (maybe that's not a good thing).  He's a great dad.  As I get teary just sitting down writing this, knowing he will never see/read it, he's amazing.  He's a hard worker and does it all for the girls and me.  He doesn't (usually) complain about anything and does what needs to be done.  He loves the kids and probably missed them as much as I did while they were gone.  I don't give him enough credit for having emotions about anything, but ...