Since I'm done with Hawaii (not really, I'd go back if you twisted my arm a little bit), I figured I should probably update with the rest of our lives. A lot has gone on the last couple of months, so hold on to your seats, folks.
Madison turned 8 on January 22nd. I can't believe my baby is 8. It makes me feel really old although I'm not. The only things she asked for were Mario Kart and Littlest Pet Shops. So she got 'em both. I went to Wal-Mart (I know, I hate it too) and got the last Mario Kart on the shelves. Literally--they had (I was told) 20 at about 6pm and by 10, I had the last one. Could it be true? I don't know, but I do know I got the last one. And that's all that matters. ;-)
She requested a Banana Cream Pie, not cake. I spent way too long making a pie that was the most unpleasant looking pie I've ever seen. I had no idea (I'm not sure why I couldn't figure it out) that bananas would turn brown if I put them on top and into the fridge. I thought that it would make the pie more beautiful. As you see from the pictures below, I was wrong. It tasted ok until you got to a brown banana. We threw the rest out. She was grateful for the effort though.
She decided to go to Red Robin for her birthday dinner. It had opened only 4 days earlier and we couldn't wait to go. I love Red Robin and couldn't wait to take the kids. Madison got a dinner from the "adult" menu and ate nearly all of it. Plus her ice cream sundae for her birthday. BTW, if you know the birthday song better than the employees, and you haven't been around it for 15 years, I think that says something about the preparedness of opening your restaurant. (Not really, they did a pretty good job with serving, etc. but I thought, "If you're going to offer birthday songs, shouldn't the singers know the song first?" Call me crazy.) She had a great time getting so much attention ;-).
Madison is the most helpful big sister anyone will meet (when she's in the mood). She tries hard to make others happy even if it means she may "suffer." She likes to read, she likes to play with her friends, and she always tries to make everyone she's around happy. Madison says thank you for everything--for getting her milk out of the refrigerator for her, for brushing her hair, for making her lunch for her. She is a grateful little girl. She wants everyone to feel included. Everyone has a friend in Madison. She gets sad if someone doesn't want to be her friend. She loves pizza and homemade bean and cheese burritos (I know, hard to please). She eats everything in sight and can't find enough things to put in her mouth. She's only a head shorter than me and it makes me crazy. Her feet are only a couple sizes smaller than mine, and she is the most beautiful girl on the planet. Any mom would be crazy proud of their little Madison. And she's mine, and I'm crazy proud.
Madison turned 8 on January 22nd. I can't believe my baby is 8. It makes me feel really old although I'm not. The only things she asked for were Mario Kart and Littlest Pet Shops. So she got 'em both. I went to Wal-Mart (I know, I hate it too) and got the last Mario Kart on the shelves. Literally--they had (I was told) 20 at about 6pm and by 10, I had the last one. Could it be true? I don't know, but I do know I got the last one. And that's all that matters. ;-)
She requested a Banana Cream Pie, not cake. I spent way too long making a pie that was the most unpleasant looking pie I've ever seen. I had no idea (I'm not sure why I couldn't figure it out) that bananas would turn brown if I put them on top and into the fridge. I thought that it would make the pie more beautiful. As you see from the pictures below, I was wrong. It tasted ok until you got to a brown banana. We threw the rest out. She was grateful for the effort though.
She decided to go to Red Robin for her birthday dinner. It had opened only 4 days earlier and we couldn't wait to go. I love Red Robin and couldn't wait to take the kids. Madison got a dinner from the "adult" menu and ate nearly all of it. Plus her ice cream sundae for her birthday. BTW, if you know the birthday song better than the employees, and you haven't been around it for 15 years, I think that says something about the preparedness of opening your restaurant. (Not really, they did a pretty good job with serving, etc. but I thought, "If you're going to offer birthday songs, shouldn't the singers know the song first?" Call me crazy.) She had a great time getting so much attention ;-).
Madison is the most helpful big sister anyone will meet (when she's in the mood). She tries hard to make others happy even if it means she may "suffer." She likes to read, she likes to play with her friends, and she always tries to make everyone she's around happy. Madison says thank you for everything--for getting her milk out of the refrigerator for her, for brushing her hair, for making her lunch for her. She is a grateful little girl. She wants everyone to feel included. Everyone has a friend in Madison. She gets sad if someone doesn't want to be her friend. She loves pizza and homemade bean and cheese burritos (I know, hard to please). She eats everything in sight and can't find enough things to put in her mouth. She's only a head shorter than me and it makes me crazy. Her feet are only a couple sizes smaller than mine, and she is the most beautiful girl on the planet. Any mom would be crazy proud of their little Madison. And she's mine, and I'm crazy proud.



Comments