So I mentioned we finished the basement. This morning I took some photos so everyone can see what we did. It isn't really that exciting anymore--just the basement. But when we were finishing it, it was really exciting and a HUGE deal.
Before we started, this was the door that led to the unfinished basement. So picture a blank brown wall with this door.

We took out the door and knocked out a bigger section of wall for the entryway into the new basement. We had to get a different carpet, so there is a small tile transition from the old to the new carpets. Colby tiled it while I was at rehearsal one Wednesday evening. He was so sick of me not accomplishing anything during the day by then that he was ready to get it done--himself.

The bathroom.

Madison's room. Keep in mind we let them choose their wall color and new bedding sets. I really like the bedding sets (I still have to decorate) but the walls are a bit crazy.



Mackenzie's room.



Mom's area is (still) not put together yet. I have to find homes for all of my sewing stuff, bow making supplies, and scrapbooking accumulations. And there are many.

Colby's area is a storage closet. WARNING: There are antlers of dead animals. At least he can close the door, though! Nice racks, huh?

Just in case you can't picture the layout, here's a REALLY bad version of what it looks like.
Before we started, this was the door that led to the unfinished basement. So picture a blank brown wall with this door.
We took out the door and knocked out a bigger section of wall for the entryway into the new basement. We had to get a different carpet, so there is a small tile transition from the old to the new carpets. Colby tiled it while I was at rehearsal one Wednesday evening. He was so sick of me not accomplishing anything during the day by then that he was ready to get it done--himself.
The bathroom.
Madison's room. Keep in mind we let them choose their wall color and new bedding sets. I really like the bedding sets (I still have to decorate) but the walls are a bit crazy.
Mackenzie's room.
Mom's area is (still) not put together yet. I have to find homes for all of my sewing stuff, bow making supplies, and scrapbooking accumulations. And there are many.
Colby's area is a storage closet. WARNING: There are antlers of dead animals. At least he can close the door, though! Nice racks, huh?
Just in case you can't picture the layout, here's a REALLY bad version of what it looks like.
Comments