Do you ever get that feeling? M3 is my mischievous little munchkin. She is naughty. She gets into anything and everything. If she wants something she can't reach, she finds a stool or a chair and drags it. If a toy is closer, she'll climb on it to reach whatever she wants. If she finds a package of gum (heaven forbid) she'll open every piece, chew it once or twice, remove it from her mouth, and leave it so she can chew the next piece. For all 18 pieces if the pack was full. We use cornstarch on her sore bottom (sure, we have the other unhelpful ointments available), and she has dumped 3 entire boxes (yes, brand new, used maybe 3 times to sprinkle on said bottom) into the carpet. At 3 different times. In 3 different rooms. Why do we leave them where she can reach them, you might ask. See initial 3 sentences of this blog. AAARRRGGGHHH!
M1 nor M2 were like this. They didn't get into cupboards. All cupboards that have things M3 doesn't need to be into have hooks on them. Don't think that deters her. She checks them all daily to see how tight they are and if she can somehow maneuver them off. M1 & M2 didn't sneak snacks. Just this morning, I went into M1's bedroom. She had been to a birthday party for a friend and had some candy on the back of her dresser. I walked into M1's room just after she left for school. M3 heard me coming and shoved 2 Hershey's Kisses into her mouth before I could get to her while they were still in her hands. Nevertheless, she is a joy and keeps me on my toes. (Can you hear me speaking through gritted teeth?)
So tonight I sent M1 and M2 downstairs to pick up the basement/tornado alley. (M3 just pulls all the toys back out as soon as they put them away, so I don't encourage M3's participation in these clean up sessions.) And I headed to the kitchen to make dinner. All of a sudden, like a ton of bricks, I realize M3 has been awfully quiet. I holler for her to see what she could have been doing. I made my way into her room, and this is what I saw. What? Did I do something wrong? Isn't this stuff supposed to be smeared all up and down my leg? All I have to say is AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
M1 nor M2 were like this. They didn't get into cupboards. All cupboards that have things M3 doesn't need to be into have hooks on them. Don't think that deters her. She checks them all daily to see how tight they are and if she can somehow maneuver them off. M1 & M2 didn't sneak snacks. Just this morning, I went into M1's bedroom. She had been to a birthday party for a friend and had some candy on the back of her dresser. I walked into M1's room just after she left for school. M3 heard me coming and shoved 2 Hershey's Kisses into her mouth before I could get to her while they were still in her hands. Nevertheless, she is a joy and keeps me on my toes. (Can you hear me speaking through gritted teeth?)
So tonight I sent M1 and M2 downstairs to pick up the basement/tornado alley. (M3 just pulls all the toys back out as soon as they put them away, so I don't encourage M3's participation in these clean up sessions.) And I headed to the kitchen to make dinner. All of a sudden, like a ton of bricks, I realize M3 has been awfully quiet. I holler for her to see what she could have been doing. I made my way into her room, and this is what I saw. What? Did I do something wrong? Isn't this stuff supposed to be smeared all up and down my leg? All I have to say is AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
Comments
I was finally able to convince Ally to start blogging. allyandtheherd.blogspot.com & this is mine jonf23.blogspot.com... If you don't care I am going to add you to my blog roll...