Skip to main content

Here We Go

Well, I've finally done it. I've hopped on the BlogWagon. I have waited and waited for a few different reasons. 1. I don't think I have anything of interest to post--who wants to read about me except the crazies on the internet who just want to find my kids and do whatever they want with the information I provide? 2. I am so in-eloquent (see what I mean?!) in what I want to say. 3. I have no great epiphonies or thoughts that just must be shared. In fact, I don't have many epiphonies or thoughts. Huh. 4. I am so inconsistent. I'll start this blog and then only post once a year. How interesting for those reading it. Or, I'll start off really well but then lose momentum. That's how it is with a lot of the things I do--cleaning, laundry, parenting, you name it. 5. I'm so technically retarded that it will be (already has been) frustrating since I can't do what I want to do with this wonderful blog. You may say, "What is there to not be able to do? It does it all for you." And that, my friends, is where my frustration with my inability comes in. 6. I really don't know how to do it. Do you write a story? Do you write in the 1st person or the 3rd? Who do you write to? So I'll probably have a whole bunch of random thoughts, experiences, and whatever else. Enjoy my scatterbrained-ness. :-) So that gives you a glimpse into Me.



On to the important things. M1 of Triple M is 6 3/4 years old. She is a spunky and opinionated first grader who loves being a big sister. She loves to read and please everyone around her. She is thoughtful and kind and loves to help anyone that needs it. She plays on a soccer team called the Pink Panthers and rips up the field. Sometimes (ok, at the end of every quarter) we have to remind her she can't use her elbows to get the ball. Only her feet. If you can believe it, she is almost too aggressive. Then she'll turn around and walk and play with her hair like she should be at the beauty salon. Fun stuff. She is her dad's hunting/fishing buddy and loves to drive the backhoe and the 4-wheelers at the ranch. M3 has an amazing memory and knows the words to more songs than I do.










M2 just turned 5. She missed the Kindergarten cutoff by 18 days, so she goes to Montessori Kindergarten and loves it. She, too, loves to help and please the people that love her. Just today she washed her baby sister in the tub for me. Awesome. She is all about Barbie's and girly stuff. She wants to wear makeup and always reminds me that "Lauren's mom lets her wear makeup". Sweet girl. M2 won't touch the worms or the fish on the end of the line. She'd much rather stay in the house and play with her Ranch Barbie. She loves to play house and put all her stuffed animals to bed on hers. She covers them each with a blanket so they don't get cold. She has a soft heart and gets her feelings hurt way too easily. Sometimes it makes me crazy. She loves to snuggle and is really sad (read: cries) when we haven't snuggled for a while. She feels bad when people make fun of others and is genuinely concerned about other people's feelings (as long as it doesn't mess up her agenda). She is a Girly Girl and I love her for it.


M3 is 17 months and plain old crazy. She still doesn't use words, so she points and grunts for whatever she wants. Who needs to talk when you have 4 other people figuring out what you want/need with grunts? She is our baby and gets treated like one. She climbs on everything. I found her on a bookshelf today trying to stand on the window sill. She is constantly into everything. I have lots of pictures of her with stuff on her face or sneaking into the pantry or thinking no one is watching her. It is fun and frustrating to see what she is going to do next. As far as M3's personality, she likes to get her way. She has no concept of the word no. She loves to draw on paper, her arms, her fingers, her feet and legs, you get the idea. She doesn't like to nap. She is my most picky eater and loves breakfast. She could do without lunch or dinner. M3 is adored by her older sisters and they are there for every beck and call.

It is fun to watch the 3 of them together. They love to wrestle (as long as M2 doesn't get hurt), play tigers/kitties and meow and growl at each other. They love to brush their teeth at the same time, then read scriptures, and say prayers with each other. They like to go on walks around the neighborhood. They are the best set of sisters a mom could ask for. I have the best job. Ever. I love being their mom.

As for the Father? He is a man with much patience. He has way too much estrogen to have to deal with in his life. He is a Veterinarian and very good at what he does. He usually likes going to work in the morning, and works hard all day (as long has he has patients to see). He opened his own Vet Hospital this past spring and provides everything the girls need (and most of what they want).

See, so I am already irritated at this silly blog. I still, after way to long, can't get a picture of M3 to post. We'll have to just get this thing posted so I can say I started, and try and put it up later. Enjoy my frustrating plight into the world of blogging.

Comments

Tennille said…
Could M1 be more your twin?! Your girls are gorgeous!
Melin said…
love it...its great to hear from you
Nataluscious said…
It's so great to read about your children's unique personalities. It really helps to feel like I get to know them a bit! :) They are beautiful - truly. They are carbon copies of you.

And speaking of you - no more negative talk! You are a techno-genius. You are a blogging wonder. Your thoughts propel the world forward. Your girls will forever be grateful to you for keeping track of this time in life with the written word, and they won't care one ounce about how many "ephiphanies" you shared. As for the rest of us, we just love keeping up! I hope you find a way to make it a regular habit :).

Popular posts from this blog

Father's Day

So I'm a day late (and probably a dollar short, I'm not sure I haven't looked at our checking account lately) but I was busy over the weekend.  The girls came home (2 days early) and I was in Utah running the Wasatch Back.  And I pretty much missed Father's Day. I got home at 7:30 last night and Colby had made the girls dinner, cleaned up, and started the dishwasher.  They were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition.  Had it been Mother's Day, he never would have lived it down, but he hasn't said a word (maybe that's not a good thing).  He's a great dad.  As I get teary just sitting down writing this, knowing he will never see/read it, he's amazing.  He's a hard worker and does it all for the girls and me.  He doesn't (usually) complain about anything and does what needs to be done.  He loves the kids and probably missed them as much as I did while they were gone.  I don't give him enough credit for having emotions about anything, but ...

In A One Horse Open Sled

Today we unloaded a couple tons of hay and Colby saddled up Lightening and pulled the girls around our 3.5 acres.  They had a ball and especially enjoyed singing "Jingle Bells...in a one horse open sled."  They make me laugh sometimes.  Ok, fine, a lot of times.

Holy Sm

I started typing in my title and when I finally looked up and saw (at that very point) that I've already used this one. So to reiterate, Holy Smokes! I can't believe how much I have to catch up on! Maybe tomorrow when I don't have visiting teachers coming, cleaning for my mother-in-law to make an appearance, Madie's piano lesson, 6 violin lessons, rehearsal and somehow I found time to pinch poor Meriden's finger in the front door, I'll download some photos from 1. Christmas (What?!? I still haven't done that?) 2. New Years Eve/Day 3. Madison and Mackenzie's first gymnastics meet videos and photos all before we go to another meet this weekend in Salt Lake, making sure I look like a good mom since my mother-in-law is in town (aka having food on the table at a decent hour), teach a few gymnastics classes, getting ready for Madison's big 9th birthday, taking treats into her class and actually getting packed and to Salt Lake all by Friday at 3 pm. ...