Skip to main content

Getting back into the groove

So, a couple momentous occasions:

1. My 100th post. Pretty sad it has taken so long to get it posted, but it's done.

2. Madison got her braces off on Tuesday. She woke up at 6:30 am because she was so excited. I saw the happy dance a couple of times, and now she looks older. This is me wiping the tears off my cheeks because she is growing up way too fast. So sad but exciting at the same time! I love my kids. They are good (most of the time) and fun to hang out with.

Today they didn't have school because of Parent/Teacher Conferences this week and we went to the Museum of Idaho to the Abraham Lincoln exhibit. It was a lot of fun and they enjoyed it too. What kids want to hang out at the museum on their day off of school? Apparently mine.

Before we went to the museum we went to the mall because Madison needed some warm/wintery church dresses. She has plenty of summery dresses, but no wintery. Although "wintery" isn't technically a word, you all know what I mean. Anyway, they didn't want to stay at the mall! They were worried we wouldn't have enough time to spend at the museum before Madison's piano lesson. They rock. Of course I have no pics because cameras and cell phones are illegal in the museum. All you need to know is that they loved it. And we were even on time to the piano lesson.

3. I'm going to get back into the groove of posting. There is too much I'm missing to not be doing it. And its so EASY!!! Thanks for checking in.

Comments

Janan said…
Hello! This is called JOURNALING!!! it is sort of like scrapbooking but you get to write all your emotions! A friend of mine had their family blog made into a book! It is COOL!!!
Anne said…
happy 100th post! love you.
Nataluscious said…
Yes, I'm all for more posting. How can I be a proper voyeur if you don't give me stuff to spy on? :)
Melin said…
braces!? Off, how old is she? I didn't get mine off till 13!
TripleM said…
I'm really surprised that this many people even check my blog!! I guess I'll keep it up; it makes me feel special ;-). Yes, she got braces on her top teeth (after having a palate expander for about 8 months) to straighten out the teeth we made the room for. Phase I is done; Phase II will begin when she's about 11. Fun times ahead.
HOw the heck are you? I haven't talked to you forever! You have a beautiful family. It looks like you are doing well! So glad to hear (see) it.
Pickett Fences said…
Hey girl, I am glad that you are out of the groove like I am. I feel so out of it lately.

Popular posts from this blog

Father's Day

So I'm a day late (and probably a dollar short, I'm not sure I haven't looked at our checking account lately) but I was busy over the weekend.  The girls came home (2 days early) and I was in Utah running the Wasatch Back.  And I pretty much missed Father's Day. I got home at 7:30 last night and Colby had made the girls dinner, cleaned up, and started the dishwasher.  They were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition.  Had it been Mother's Day, he never would have lived it down, but he hasn't said a word (maybe that's not a good thing).  He's a great dad.  As I get teary just sitting down writing this, knowing he will never see/read it, he's amazing.  He's a hard worker and does it all for the girls and me.  He doesn't (usually) complain about anything and does what needs to be done.  He loves the kids and probably missed them as much as I did while they were gone.  I don't give him enough credit for having emotions about anything, but ...

In A One Horse Open Sled

Today we unloaded a couple tons of hay and Colby saddled up Lightening and pulled the girls around our 3.5 acres.  They had a ball and especially enjoyed singing "Jingle Bells...in a one horse open sled."  They make me laugh sometimes.  Ok, fine, a lot of times.

Holy Sm

I started typing in my title and when I finally looked up and saw (at that very point) that I've already used this one. So to reiterate, Holy Smokes! I can't believe how much I have to catch up on! Maybe tomorrow when I don't have visiting teachers coming, cleaning for my mother-in-law to make an appearance, Madie's piano lesson, 6 violin lessons, rehearsal and somehow I found time to pinch poor Meriden's finger in the front door, I'll download some photos from 1. Christmas (What?!? I still haven't done that?) 2. New Years Eve/Day 3. Madison and Mackenzie's first gymnastics meet videos and photos all before we go to another meet this weekend in Salt Lake, making sure I look like a good mom since my mother-in-law is in town (aka having food on the table at a decent hour), teach a few gymnastics classes, getting ready for Madison's big 9th birthday, taking treats into her class and actually getting packed and to Salt Lake all by Friday at 3 pm. ...