Today we decided after spending the morning at the Vet Hospital and completely missing Stake Conference (I was really looking forward to going this time), we decided that we would take a drive. The Father has been extremely bored lately once he gets home from work (maybe he could do a load or ten of laundry--that'd give him something to do) and didn't want to just sit around. So we all piled into the car--better fuel efficiency than either truck--and headed out. We drove through Swan Valley (we saw a Bald Eagle but no swans) and past Palisades Reservoir. Neither The Father nor I had ever been that far and never realized just how large this reservoir is. 16,000 acres. It was huge. Then we turned North to go to Jackson, WY. Along Highway 191, we stopped a couple different times and watched the Snake River's small rapids. We threw rocks into the river, The Father taught Triple M how to skip rocks (though none of them had much success. In fact, M2 got whacked in the side of the head with one of M3's attempts. Oops.), we walked across a small stream and no one got wet, and we all had a great time. We drove through Jackson, saw elk (thank heaven or M3 would've had a conniption), and the amazing Teton Mountains.
We saw lots of wheat fields both ready-to-be and freshly harvested that were beautiful. Then we came home. It was a really nice relaxing (how often can you say that about a 5 hour car ride with 3 kids in the back seat) family outing where no one asked "Are We There Yet?" that I think we'll all remember fondly for a while. I'll post pictures later.
If you want to see just where we drove, visit http://www.roadtripwyoming.com/Trip.aspx?id=14759 and we took the yellow circle from Idaho Falls-Jackson-Wilson-Driggs-Tetonia-Sugar City-Rexburg-Idaho Falls. It was amazing. I was thinking Girls Weekend should be in Idaho next ;-).
We saw lots of wheat fields both ready-to-be and freshly harvested that were beautiful. Then we came home. It was a really nice relaxing (how often can you say that about a 5 hour car ride with 3 kids in the back seat) family outing where no one asked "Are We There Yet?" that I think we'll all remember fondly for a while. I'll post pictures later.If you want to see just where we drove, visit http://www.roadtripwyoming.com/Trip.aspx?id=14759 and we took the yellow circle from Idaho Falls-Jackson-Wilson-Driggs-Tetonia-Sugar City-Rexburg-Idaho Falls. It was amazing. I was thinking Girls Weekend should be in Idaho next ;-).
Comments