Skip to main content
OK, I think it's catch-up time. Though I'm really not sure where to start. We have been really way too busy this summer. The Vet Hospital is going gang busters. We've taken "vacation" and lived life. A few highlights:

4TH OF JULY (has it really been that long?)

To start the day, we went to the parade. After all, what's the 4th of July without a parade? After stocking up on all the tootsie rolls any kid could want, we headed home. Much of nothing was done, then my in-laws came over for a bar-b-que. You know, the traditional burgers, macaroni salad (my kids' favorite), corn on the cob, sodas for all. Delicious. As far as fireworks, here in IF, they have a company called Melaluca. Every 4th of July they do a big fireworks show over the Snake River. Also, for their employees, they have a big dinner and a concert. I was asked to play in the concert and really had a good time doing that. After the performance, I drove to where the family had set up camp to watch the fireworks. I can't complain about their choice of spots, but next year we'll try to avoid the interstate signs at the entrance/exit to I-15. We were parked in the Olive Garden parking lot but unfortunately didn't partake of the goodies there. We ended up getting home in not very much time considering we live on the completely opposite side of town. M2 took pictures of the fireworks. And that's all we'll say about 4 July 2008. Because if you've seen one picture of fireworks taken by a 5 year old, you've seen 'em all.

DISCUSSION OF PALATE EXPANDER

M1 had some teeth removed from her too small mouth in January. Still with no space to join the rest of their enameled friends, her 2 canine teeth have still yet to appear. The dentist recommended we see the orthodontist. Are you serious?!? She's 7. I didn't realize that orthodontia started out so early. So, needless to say, we had a great visit with the Dr. and set up our treatment plan. Start with 2 weeks of little rubber bands between some of her teeth to make room for the palate expander. She got to keep them in her mouth for our week long vacation to visit grandma and our old friends in Montrose.

TRIP TO GRANDMA'S

My brother and his family took their bi-annual trip to my mom's house. Of course, we went down to join in the festivities. Unlike most of our trips to Grandma's house/family vacation to Happy Valley, there aren't really any activities planned. However, this time was different. We had an activity every day. We didn't arrive until about 3 pm on Tuesday, so after unpacking, we decided that to just relax would be a good idea. And with only 3-ish days to spend with cousins, we had a lot ahead of us. Wednesday we went to Seven Peaks. I wasn't really sure how much I was going to like having the 3 kids at the water park "by myself" (fine, there were like, 6 adults there) with my kiddos. But it turned out to be a blast. M1 hung out with her cousin who is 2 years older and ran around with our inner tube most of the day riding rides and generally having a great time. M2 and M3 spent a lot of time with me and my little brother. He's an amazing uncle. He took them around the Lazy River way more times than a 25 year old unmarried man without children of his own should have to. He was awesome. Unfortunately, no one helped him apply his sunscreen and he missed a few spots. Uncle C and M3 watching the crazies go down the really high water slides:

After a full day of fun at Seven Peaks, the next day was spent at Thanksgiving Point. We went "Down on the Farm" where we got to see all sorts of animals. You know, the kind we never see. Chickens, cows, horses, 4 horned goats...the usual. The kids really like pulling on the teats of the ceramic-type cow in the entrance to this fun place. They all got to take a pony ride which sure was fun. I wonder how long it will be until they get to do that again? :-) They got to feed the chickens and generally got really hot and dirty. Fun times for all. Then we made our way back to the Museum of Ancient Life for (an unintended) lunch at the restaurant there and off to see the dinosaur exhibits. They really liked the Erosion Table where they got to don beautiful yellow plastic aprons and play in sand and water. Many hours could have been spent at the Erosion Table. But after an accident from a cousin without extra undies, we ended the venture. We will probably do that one again the next time we go to Grandma's house.

Comments

Pickett Fences said…
It looks like you have been a busy girl this summer. I can't belive that school starts next week. Have a good weekend.
Keri
Anonymous said…
What a great picture of your family! Your girls are adorable and you look gorgeous!Heather
TripleM said…
Why thank you! That is so kind.

Popular posts from this blog

Father's Day

So I'm a day late (and probably a dollar short, I'm not sure I haven't looked at our checking account lately) but I was busy over the weekend.  The girls came home (2 days early) and I was in Utah running the Wasatch Back.  And I pretty much missed Father's Day. I got home at 7:30 last night and Colby had made the girls dinner, cleaned up, and started the dishwasher.  They were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition.  Had it been Mother's Day, he never would have lived it down, but he hasn't said a word (maybe that's not a good thing).  He's a great dad.  As I get teary just sitting down writing this, knowing he will never see/read it, he's amazing.  He's a hard worker and does it all for the girls and me.  He doesn't (usually) complain about anything and does what needs to be done.  He loves the kids and probably missed them as much as I did while they were gone.  I don't give him enough credit for having emotions about anything, but ...

In A One Horse Open Sled

Today we unloaded a couple tons of hay and Colby saddled up Lightening and pulled the girls around our 3.5 acres.  They had a ball and especially enjoyed singing "Jingle Bells...in a one horse open sled."  They make me laugh sometimes.  Ok, fine, a lot of times.

Holy Sm

I started typing in my title and when I finally looked up and saw (at that very point) that I've already used this one. So to reiterate, Holy Smokes! I can't believe how much I have to catch up on! Maybe tomorrow when I don't have visiting teachers coming, cleaning for my mother-in-law to make an appearance, Madie's piano lesson, 6 violin lessons, rehearsal and somehow I found time to pinch poor Meriden's finger in the front door, I'll download some photos from 1. Christmas (What?!? I still haven't done that?) 2. New Years Eve/Day 3. Madison and Mackenzie's first gymnastics meet videos and photos all before we go to another meet this weekend in Salt Lake, making sure I look like a good mom since my mother-in-law is in town (aka having food on the table at a decent hour), teach a few gymnastics classes, getting ready for Madison's big 9th birthday, taking treats into her class and actually getting packed and to Salt Lake all by Friday at 3 pm. ...