Skip to main content

Holidays Are Great

Well, where to start? We went to my mother-in-law's sister's for the annual Easter Egg Hunt. As usual, it was wonderful. We get to hang out with The Father's family aka cousins and their kids and hunt for eggs filled with money. Who wouldn't love it? Then we headed South to my Mom's house. We got to color eggs and among all that fun ended up having a sort of dance party. Enjoy it.


Just so you get the "wrist..she should go back at work" comment. My Mom had surgery on her wrist/arm to rearrange her nerves. Not much fun. She had been home collecting worker's comp (the injury was from being an office manager/secretary) and my little brother was kind of having a good time with the fact that she wasn't really planning on going back to work for another week. Maybe it was because she had an excuse to see her favorite granddaughters :-).

We went to bed and the girls woke up to a visit from the Easter Bunny. But the bugger forgot to hide all the eggs we worked so hard to color. So we went to church and had a great day. Myself especially because I didn't have to go to Primary. Wahoo! We came home from church after taking a few pictures of MMM and my nieces. (I love how my niece is trying to give herself and her little sister bunny ears. Crazy girls.) We hunted for eggs, not that they were hard to find, thanks to the ages of most of the hunters.

Sunday night, M3 woke up with a fever of 103.9. Yikes. So Monday am we went to the Urgent Care in town and both had strep tests. My throat was bugging me a little, but not too bad. (That explains the raspy voice of mine on the video.) And lo and behold, we both tested positive. We got shots of antibiotics (which didn't feel very good, by the way) and were on our way back to my Mom's.

My little sister and I made our annual trip to Park City to do some shopping for summer and the next winter, though I wasn't really very impressed with our selections this year, so I didn't feel too bad about not spending much money.

We got to hang out for a few more days. We went to my b-i-l's work and saw the gardens that were just starting to spring. It was refreshing to see the little crocuses peeking through the bark chips.

Then the girls and I went to see my Mother-in-law tap dance in a program that happens every year in the town where she (and The Father) grew up. She did great and the girls enjoyed watching her...the first time. By the third, it was a little old for them. I enjoyed it though. We spent the night in G-ville and headed home on Sunday. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we got to spend a little time away. Poor The Father didn't leave for one day. Too bad he didn't see his mom tap and we got to.

Then it was back to the chaos I like to call my life. And I love (almost) every minute of it!

Comments

Glass said…
Do you like how M3 wags her finger after Mom does it, because she thinks it is some cool dance move? Ha ha hilarious...
Tennille said…
Their dresses are beautiful! What a fun trip!

Popular posts from this blog

Father's Day

So I'm a day late (and probably a dollar short, I'm not sure I haven't looked at our checking account lately) but I was busy over the weekend.  The girls came home (2 days early) and I was in Utah running the Wasatch Back.  And I pretty much missed Father's Day. I got home at 7:30 last night and Colby had made the girls dinner, cleaned up, and started the dishwasher.  They were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition.  Had it been Mother's Day, he never would have lived it down, but he hasn't said a word (maybe that's not a good thing).  He's a great dad.  As I get teary just sitting down writing this, knowing he will never see/read it, he's amazing.  He's a hard worker and does it all for the girls and me.  He doesn't (usually) complain about anything and does what needs to be done.  He loves the kids and probably missed them as much as I did while they were gone.  I don't give him enough credit for having emotions about anything, but ...

In A One Horse Open Sled

Today we unloaded a couple tons of hay and Colby saddled up Lightening and pulled the girls around our 3.5 acres.  They had a ball and especially enjoyed singing "Jingle Bells...in a one horse open sled."  They make me laugh sometimes.  Ok, fine, a lot of times.

Holy Sm

I started typing in my title and when I finally looked up and saw (at that very point) that I've already used this one. So to reiterate, Holy Smokes! I can't believe how much I have to catch up on! Maybe tomorrow when I don't have visiting teachers coming, cleaning for my mother-in-law to make an appearance, Madie's piano lesson, 6 violin lessons, rehearsal and somehow I found time to pinch poor Meriden's finger in the front door, I'll download some photos from 1. Christmas (What?!? I still haven't done that?) 2. New Years Eve/Day 3. Madison and Mackenzie's first gymnastics meet videos and photos all before we go to another meet this weekend in Salt Lake, making sure I look like a good mom since my mother-in-law is in town (aka having food on the table at a decent hour), teach a few gymnastics classes, getting ready for Madison's big 9th birthday, taking treats into her class and actually getting packed and to Salt Lake all by Friday at 3 pm. ...